Thursday, March 18, 2010

Out of Sorts

I am feeling out of sorts today. Maybe I have overdone it. I just felt great on Tuesday and began to take over full force with my life. But yesterday .... I just sort of dropped everything and was soooo tired. My dishes never did get done yesterday at all, dinner came together in pieces (or did we have dinner?) and my house is such a wreck right now that I had a bad dream about it.

Today, I skipped the preschool routine. If we are going to skip "just because," we always skip on Thursdays. That is because Ellie's class meets again tomorrow. It is always my personal challenge to muster the energy to pack my two in the car, only to be able to drop off one. And so, I indulged my tiredness today and we skipped. We do this maybe twice per month on a Thursday and I don't tell Ellie we're doing it.

And so, today I must first get those dishes done and maybe do a quick living room pick up. I need a shower and a good lunch. The girls and I have been spending a lot of time outdoors the last two days and that fresh air does wear a person out (as a friend of mine says "in a good way.")

I still plan to walk outside with the girls later today (once I get my energy back in check). I like our new walking routine. It sure beats spending time on the treadmill any day! I really wish I had a girlfriend to walk and chat with though. An adult. I keep my eyes out in the neighborhood but haven't found anyone yet. I guess my little ones will have to be my girlfriends for the time being :)

On another note, I am feeling worried about my dh. He has had a continuous headache for three weeks, non-stop. Of course the man only tells me this after two weeks of having it. The dr. gave him a fancy test on Wednesday and I just feel very worried. I look forward to good news and having this behind him/us soon. Health issues always make me a nervous wreck. But, also, I don't want him to be in pain :(

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Goodness I hope everything is okay with Jim. I have plenty of days of been whacked out... My house actually smells right now.. and it makes me gag...lol... I need to clean like crazy! ack

Unknown said...

I'll be keeping good thoughts for Jim.

Hope you get your grove back soon.