Sunday, March 14, 2010

Day 10

Today I will check in at various times to log my recovery progress. I am just expecting day 10 to be an interesting an exciting one, although so far it isn't starting out to be very different.

10:30 a.m. -- Upon waking up this morning, I did not experience any miraculous feeling of recovery. I woke up one half hour before I was due to take my pain meds (thanks to the doorbell). The last half hour before pain meds is always tough. So, I will update again later after taking them.

*** Update: I am considering going without pain medicine today. I don't really think they do that much to help and I so want to be able to drive my car today and get out and about. I am going to try this.

****Update 2: Already re-thinking this idea about pain meds ...

So, I did take the pain meds. Overall, I feel that I am a shade better than yesterday for these reasons:

1.) It feels like the pain medicines are helping more than they were.
2.) I took a nap today and overslept my next dose of pain meds by two hours (I did wake up in terrible pain, but still, this is progress.
3.) I can eat better than in the last few days ... it's still painful and a lot of work ... but I can do it again without extreme fear.
4.) When I am not eating or talking, there are moments I feel great and forget that I am still
recovering.

No comments: