Monday, March 8, 2010

Day 5 and job stuff

Today is Day 5 of my tonsillectomy recovery. Overall, things continue to go well. It can be painful to eat, but the food is really yummy when I do. I would not say massive improvment in pain has occurred, but it has not increased either. I still feel really good, with a lot of energy ... and sleeping is going well too.

I can see why people complain about the recovery process. It does move slowly. But, I would definitely still maintain that people make way too much of it. If you want the benefits of having your tonsils out, go forth and get it done! Don't let anyone scare you away from realizing the benefits. (I am still not to the benefits yet, but I am really encouraged. It already feels like I am breathing better while my throat continues to be quite swollen.)

Something wonderful happened today. My husband's boss told him that he was leaving the department ... he is going to work somewhere else within the company (location not shared). Have you ever heard someone was leaving a position and felt nothing but pure relief? Well, that is what happened here.

I still remember a sign I used to have for my former office (given to me by a family member when I supervised a few obnoxious people along with some very cool ones).

"Everyone Brings Joy to the Office -- Some When they Enter, Others When they Leave."

All I can say here is Hallelujah and Ah-men!!!

No comments: