Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Day 7

Day 7 is by far my worst day so far. Excruciating pain the entire night and so much tenderness this morning. Right now I am eating a bowl of berry blue jello again. It's funny how today this jello is working for me again. This recovery is crazy like that; you never know where the comfort will come from in a given moment.

Todays goal: stick with jello only and pray a lot.

Today is a bit humiliating. I had to call my parents in for reinforcement this morning. I couldn't talk at all and was choking in my early a.m. sleep after ds went off to school. If something were to happen to me, the girls would not have been able to help of course. They were still sleeping, but I had to call for help.

My dear parents rushed right over at 7:45 a.m. to babysit me and the girls. The humiliating part is that my mom has asked my MIL to watch me for a few hours in the afternoon. It's so embarrassing but they have determined that I should not be alone (I do agree).

I am doing this for my immediate family at this point. We still need dh at work and MIL wants to help. The kids need great care. So, I am going to suck it up and get babysat =)

On another note, due to feeling so terrible this morning, I completely missed dh's call from work. Today his boss was announcing his leave from the department (where he has reigned for 20 years). I soooo wanted every detail on this. The story from the leaving boss (as of yesterday) is that he did not want to make this career change at this time. I will look forward to an evening of hearing more about this :) It's going to be a good day!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Do NOT feel bad for needing the help. Your family(and friends I'm sure if you needed them) are happy to help you out. This is not going to last forever, and you need to heal and feel that the kids are safe.
Hope the rest of the day is better, take care.

Mary said...

I feel very fortunate that my parents are still able to help when I need them! Hope you get to feeling better!