Friday, March 12, 2010

Day 9

I called the Dr.'s office this morning. I am on the strongest pain medicine possible. Apparently, this level of pain is normal, even with a pain med. So o.k., I'm gonna get through Day 9. The worst time period thus far in my recovery was the night of Day 6 and the morning of Day 7. This pain medicine I am on right now does contribute to sleep, so I can do this.

Here is my plan. I just took the pain med and now I am eating a bowl of Vanilla ice cream (chasing down my jello breakfast!) I can't eat too much ice cream because it is almost too cold; but on occasion, it has a great numbing quality. As soon as I am done, I will take a shower and hopefully be ready to nap again :)

My mom took Ellie to preschool today and will participate with her in the classroom. I could have moved my participation day, but I knew Ellie would get a kick out of having her Nana go and then she won't have to wait so long to have her adult helper in the classroom again. At the Co-op, the kids really enjoy when their parent helps for the day. They get a special job and they just think it's really cool :) My dad is here "babysitting" me and Katie ... lol! I am so blessed to have this help and to have my family nearby and willing to be so helpful.

The most encouraging aspect of this morning was when the nurse suggested that by weekend's end, I might be feeling great. I think this has to do with the Day 10 theory on tonsillectomy recovery. So, there is hope that in the next day or 2, I will pull right out of this and be mostly recovered. I have read that it can take a full 4-6 weeks to feel totally recovered. I am o.k. with that as long as I feel mostly pretty good :)

1 comment:

Anita said...

You sound positive about all you're experiencing, and that's a good thing!
Enjoy your weekend!