Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Pay Cut :(

Well, I guess it was good we were being proactive. It was announced today at dh's job that there would be a 5 percent pay cut for every employee until the end of March, when things would be looked at again (for better or for worse).

Five percent is a blessing in this economy, I know. I told dh we need to look at it this way.

He said "but this is only the beginning." So, he is likely right. Is this just step #1 to total unemployment? I guess nobody really knows for sure. From what I have read and hear on the news, things are looking more like the Great Depression than ever in history since that time. Surely we won't get to that point again. Will we?

I would really like to go on some anxiety medication right now, but I refuse to pay for anything extra. I guess I will exercise more, pray a lot for everyone in hard times and call the cable company again .. and the cell phone company again. Today.

And if dh is on board with it, I will apply for some weekend work in various places. I honestly wouldn't mind some weekend work. If dh isn't working overtime, there will be plenty of family time and I do get tons of time with my kids already.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry Susan.
I posted a lengthy reply to your post about saving over $800 and them it was gone@@, who knows what I did.
I did say I didn't know if working was a good idea for you with the expense of childcare. OTOH, you could find something nights or weekends with the support of your dh. You never know 20 or so hours out of the house might help your bottom line and might make you feel better. Not sure of the tax implications.
I also suggested checking into your medical insurance meds by mail. I get Nick's allergy meds 3 months at a time for the price of 2. It helps.
I wish I had bigger words of wisdom, but please know you are in my prayers

Unknown said...

Hugs Susan! To go along with Anita...I get Lydia's ummmm anxiety meds for 3 months for $10... We have ours filled at CVS...I am not sure if that makes a difference. I would say go look for a weekend gig... Despite what is going on with the economy I have seen many wanted signs in establishments..mostly local restaraunts...but you never know!

Jenn said...

I sent prayers on the board too. Dh is at his second job as we speak. Hope he's making some money but it's so cold that I doubt many will go out and about in the town. Anyway, (I easily get off subject) weekend work may be exciting for you. I know when I stayed home I had a need to just be with adults for awhile.