Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Going Stir Crazy

I feel I am just going stir crazy. I want to get out of the house, but there is nowhere that I need to go. If I go just to get out, then I spend money. Ugh!

My dear little ones are making me crazy. They are really just being kids and I do love this age. I really do!!! They are cute and precious and they say the funniest things. I am awed by the things they already know and also by the things that they seem to be so motivated to learn (such as how to get into the bathroom so that they can play in the sink!!)

But, I get so tired of picking up foods from various places, serving foods, cleaning up the floors, cleaning the table, hunting for lost clothing, doing the dishes (over and over and over again), doing the laundry, etc. That stuff is soooooooooo boring that I could just scream sometimes!!!!

I am home with my kids, but I am so mentally stifled sometimes that it makes me crazy. I don't even know if I am a good mom or not. I sometimes think I am and then I sometimes think that somehow I am a total bomb at being a parent.

Ds's teacher called me today too. How fun is that? Ds is at it again apparently -- not bringing home some of his homework, completing some homework but not turning it in (this probably makes me the most insane of all), and not completing an assignment the teacher gave him an extension of time to complete. I had no idea any of this was going on. I AM glad to have found out. But now I get to deal with it. I think he is going to be one unhappy child when he gets home from school today!!!!! Argh!!!!

So, parenting is hard. It is tough. It is even so boring sometimes that I can cry. There are such sweet little blessings mixed within my days. But I still find myself feeling nutsy crazy when I see a banana sitting on the space heater and my two-year-old continuously calls out repeated false alarms of "Pee Pee's coming!!!!" which require a trip by both she and myself up the stairs to the bathroom, then back again. Over and over and over again. Until I figure out that she just wants to wear me down so that I will let her wash her hands and finally end up playing in the sink =0

Did I mention that I was a crazed mom of three kids? Oh yeah, it is in my blog title. Ugh!!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

One little piece of advice ... get on top of Nicholas organization because in the next fews with more teachers each day...things get really scary... I am speaking as a middle school teacher... they need to learn this stuff NOW!!!!

Unknown said...

One little piece of advice ... get on top of Nicholas' organization because in the next few years with more teachers each day...things get really scary... I am speaking as a middle school teacher... they need to learn this stuff NOW!!!!

Unknown said...

I agree that sometime the repetitiveness of my routine can make me so bored. I have a lot more freedom than you do, I can leave alone all day from 8-2:45, stay home, go out, do housework in peace. I remember when I started staying home, Nick was nearly 3 and he wanted my attention every minute, and he didn't take naps! I was worn out at first and then I found creative ways to keep us both busy and happy.............and I found friends, I'm not one to go it all alone...lol.
I agree with Beth, if the school isn't helping more with his organization, you'll need to step in and help him. Hang in there.

Unknown said...

one more thing...the school isn't going to help much more with organization...by 5th grade the student needs to step it up.. sad but true..I wouldn't want students that are organized to be bogged down with students that aren't organized...