Monday, March 9, 2009

There is hope!!

I must admit that prior to just very recently, I haven't been feeling the hope and change that was supposedly elected into office in January 2009. But I watched Evan Bayh, an Indiana Senator (Democrat) being interviewed tonight on Fox News and I am soooo proud of him. With even just this one Democratic leader talking some sense out in the world, there is hope for a better economy ahead. Luckily there are a few other high ranking Dems with Evan Bayh on this. Bayh says to the big O, either cut the pork or veto the Omnibus bill. If the big O does either of these, then I think consumer confidence will begin to turn (begin I said.)

Did I ever mention that I used to work for Evan Bayh? I know, it is a bit of a stretch, but I did actually work for Evan Bayh for about seven weeks in late 1996 when Indiana's Adoption Initiative was born. The Adoption Initiative was an outreach program that brought many adoptive parents and special needs children together over several years after Bayh left the office of Governor here in Indiana. I was the program director and it was my dream job. Bayh made it happen and he made it happen fast for a government contract program. WE (Bayh's office and the agency I worked for) put it together seven weeks before he left office.

If Evan Bayh runs for the office of president someday, watch him and vote for him! He is the kind of Democrat I used to see myself as being. He can get things done without being fiscally fat, yet he cares about social issues and people too. I am thinking the Big O needs to stand up and show some leadership here. I hope he has it in him. He is a newbie so it might be tough. But I hope and pray the big O will fight for America in this way for us! Don't vote "Present" again Big O man!! Just say no big O!!!! It isn't hard. We teach kids to say no to drugs. Show us your stuff big man! No Omnibus bill! No Omnibus bill! No Omnibus bill!!! Oh where is the tea party? I want to be there! Jobs everywhere are at stake! Congress must Stop. Spending. Our. Children's. Future.

Btw, I love how Bayh said Congress was basically wrong for trying to push this bill on the big O. Congress just is a problem and I love to hear a high level Democrat admit this since Congress is made up of way too many Democrats, and many crazy ones at that. Oh, and Congress is also made up of some really dumb Republicans too. George Bush was a wimp and not a leader either.

Btw, if Evan Bayh ever runs for office, I will change my tune about being a Republican. Did I mention that I am probably more of a very outspoken Independent. (Did you realize that I am outspoken and opinionated?) Yeah, I am. And politically Independent. Those lawmakers aren't going to put me in a box as long as freedom of speech still lives here in America. If only my vote would ever really make a difference .... as if Congress cares what I think .... LOL!

1 comment:

AmySueWho said...

I've always kinda liked Bayh too. Maybe he should have ran for president.