Monday, March 16, 2009

Dinner Conversations

I really need to write out more of our dinner conversations with the girls. They are just so darn cute and here I am writing about politics and saving money and pay cuts and job losses .... such heavy, heavy stuff goes on in my mind during a given day while I empty little potties and repeatedly clear off the dining room table ...

But last night's dinner converation with the girls was cute and went like this --

Scene: Ellie is being three and decides she doesn't want her milk so she shoves it across the table at me, causing some to spill out on the table. (Has big scowl on her face.)

"Ellie, don't do that; that makes a mess and is not nice!!" I say.

Katie looks at Ellie. "YOU are a bad girl!" she tells Ellie.

"No I'm not!" Ellie said, looking back at Katie.

Katie said, "Yes YOU are!"

Ellie said, "Everybody (looks around to all of us at the table) I am NOT a bad girl!"

Guess she set the record straight, huh?! I am proud of her little self. She is so outspoken and I love how she doesn't take junk from others but goes right back at them and sets the record straight :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How do you keep yourself from laughing??

Unknown said...

I believe in the scheme of things, this is the stuff life and dreams are made of......thanks for sharing!