Monday, May 18, 2009

Summer Plans

I am getting excited! Slowly but surely I am pulling together our Summer activities. Here is what we have so far --

DS is going to Camp Invention for a week.

Family Trip to Kings Island

Both DD's will play T-ball and are sooo excited (and dh will be the coach!)

SEVEN Kid's Day Outs scheduled for the girls (Or maybe these are scheduled for me, but 7 Wednesdays this Summer!!!) with DS's former preschool teacher who runs an awesome Summer program ... this one is lucky for us that DD#2 is potty trained .... and the girls get to be together (always makes me just feel better) and they get to practice being away from ME (to get ready for preschool AND to help me work toward sanity!)

Family swimming in our backyard (often)

Maybe a Summer Kindermusik class for the girls (just 30 minutes of music and instruments and singing and movement) .... this one is cost depending and age depending ..... it is just SO hard to take one girl somewhere cool and have the other one sit something out. So, I am hoping this works out because we need to stay busy or I will surely perish this Summer at home all day with these three adorable kidlinks of mine!

Family cookouts (at least 2 with extended family)

Duckpin Bowling (this is just on my idea list for dh's two weeks off this Summer) ... since the balls are small, I thought the girls could do this fairly easily ....

Picnics (at least 2)

Check out small playground nearest to our house (maybe take a short hike)

Roller skating? (As a family maybe during dh's two weeks off .... )

At least two visits to Jump-N-Play

At least five visits to McDonald's Play Place

Possible Jr. Lifeguarding class for ds (if I can find one that works for his age and our schedule)

Friends over to play for DS

Cousin sleepovers (at least two)

Evening Canoe Trip with ds ($5 per person!)

Insect program at city park (attend at least one and visit the playground afterwards ... might be a good picnic site).

Complete last two coaching classes (me)

Lots of walks

Children's Museum (at least once)

Still working on this list ..... but what do you think? Does it seem too busy? Does it seem balanced enough between activities for all of my kids? Am I missing anything really cool that you would like to suggest for my list? What are your Summer plans?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

gosh Susan, I remember when my 3 were younger, and I'd have lots of lists like this. It's so different now, I just wait for them to tell me when to drop them off,or who will pick them up.
I don't really make too many "busy" plans for Nick either, we just go with the flow.
I think you will be very busy

Unknown said...

It sounds about right...maybe add something fun indoors for those rainy days...like a special movie or a sloppy messy craft... (I know you love those Susan!) just something that makes the rainy days less blechy! How about a chalk on the driveway day??? Or a bubble day? cheapo!