Friday, May 8, 2009

Found One!

I did it! I found one! I found a preschool that will take both girls next year at the same time! It is affordable and it is of amazing quality. It is a bit further away than I wanted it to be, but I am hardly going to argue with a 17 minute drive for a 4-hour preschool day!

The school is designed to be 1-4 times per week depending on openings, the needs of the parents/family and the age groups of the children. My girls could technically go twice per week, but right now there is only an opening for both to go at the same time once per week. This is actually a good thing for my budget.

Now, Dd#1 could go twice per week if we choose to sign her up for that at a later time, but I decided to keep this at one day per week for now. If the girls love it and another day opens up and works out for one or both girls, then we may add it .... but always, always, always we have to think about our budget ... ugh! Right now I am not exactly sure what that will look like in August for taking on additional preschool days.

(I am sooooo not used to making educational decisions about my kids in any way related to budgeting or monetary control, but it must be done because now we are living the Dave Ramsey way, and though we aren't perfect about it, we do live within our monthly means now and that feels pretty good from a security mindset, although it is also sometimes just a bit stifling... lol!)

Let's see, to find this lovely little preschool gem of a place, the girls and I have looked at a total of 7 different preschool programs! Whew!

But yikes, we are now signed up with four of these schools! (Since I had wanted to keep our options open; now, we are like signed up everywhere!) Oh well.

And yes, I am a bit nutty about preschools. But I just think it is the best learning fun of all the school years and I was looking for something very exact. This is not to say that all of the other programs I looked at lacked in some big way, but there were just so many factors at play here with having the two girls just less than one year apart (and then crazy me who needs a break desperately). Ah sigh ... crazy stuff! (And then that budget stuff too complicated it all ... ick! No fun!)

But I finally found it and this one is sure to work out very nicely! Whoo Hoo!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope you find some that is " just right" scenes of Goldilocks come to mind...LOL.

You have amazing perseverance..........qualities in a wonderful mom written all over the place.

Unknown said...

ok, can't type, it should be something that is just right....

Unknown said...

I am amazed at the energy you put into all that... we just went with the community program...anyway...good for you and here is to at least one day called "Susan" day! Congrats!

April said...

four hours a week - that's going to be fantastic for you!!!

Susan Busch said...

Yay! Congrats on finding that preschool "diamond in the rough." And, as you mentioned in your recent comment on my "One-on-One Time" post, it will be most interesting to see how your girls (and my girls) do with "doing their own thing" for a few hours. Look forward to hearing more.