Thursday, May 28, 2009

Making Decisions

Why are some decisions super easy to make even though they are huge, whereas other decisions may be much smaller, but seem to consume much more time and energy?

Sometimes decisions come to me quickly and I feel certain about them ... like the times I moved my son to different schools. Other decisions I just labor over and over and over about and drive myself nuts about ....

Soooo, I make a list of pros and cons about some things and that doesn't even clarify the answer sometimes. Sometimes it isn't about logic; but you think, what is this decision really about, ya know?

Other people sometimes seem like they make certain decisions much easier than I do. I think that is probably just my view though of them and not necessarily their reality. I really do believe that we all have different things that might take more thought to decide than others and that not everyone is the same when it comes to which decisions come most quickly.

What is decision making like for you?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

When faced with a decision... I think on it for a day and then put it away.. and try to revisit a day later to see if I feel the same way. Many times I totally forget about it and that is a big clue it isn't important. Most of my decision making is pretty much "this is how it needs to be" I also don't get that involved in other people's lives...like even with my own children..I don't dictate to them what they are to do...I let them reason it out...including Lydia...I do alot of praying and listening to what God has to say...I also have a pretty strong 6th sense about things... I also don't bring my issues to public forums (anymore) because I then get too many suggestions and put downs...lol

Breathe in Breath out!

sheila said...

I don't know...let me decide. lol.

Some decisions come easy and others not so much. I have no happy medium. It's either quick or long and takes like a month.