Thursday, January 15, 2009

Why I like to blog

I just posted about friendship drama and I felt sad when I started writing. Now I feel better. That is one of the best things about blogging.

So here are some really cool things I have accomplished recently. I feel great about them:

1.) I organized all the girls' toys and picked them all up in all main living areas.

2.) I did a thorough vacuum today in my basement, basement stairwell, laundry room, living room, kitchen and dining area ... whew! I even got down on my hands and knees and vacuumed the crevices. I am exhausted from it! But my house is looking good!

3.) I have kept the dishes up and have been walking into this extremely clean kitchen everday (I do Flylady.net and I think I might be finally flying with the kitchen sink goal after 3 1/2 years!)

4.) I have boxed up the clothes the girls aren't using or no longer need.

5.) I have made a charity box.

6.) I have thrown a lot of trash away. Bye, bye ... gone forever!

7.) I have worked some on my bathrooms.

8.) I have cleared a lot of stuff away from the dresser tops in my bedroom.

9.) I have begun to fly with my laundry also (this one is a beginning.) But I am not working off of any large laundry piles any longer.

10.) I have made two different homemade desserts this week .. yum!

My motivation is an upcoming appraisal to possibly refinance our house. We do have the paperwork filled out already; but, we haven't applied yet. Our goal is to make our house look almost as nice as if it was up for sale so that when the appraiser comes in, they truly see our actual house ... and not just our junk. We are going to need all the help we can get to get a decent appraisal in this economy. We tried to go down this road a year ago, so we know what is at stake. We just want to get the best bang for our appraisal dollars this time and truly get a fair shake.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds super productive Susan!!! I'm impressed, wtg girl

Unknown said...

Come on over and motivate me!