Thursday, January 15, 2009

Friendship Drama

I am sad tonight for some reason. I guess it has to do with friendship drama. I don't like friendship drama. It is just too tiring.

For a reason I won't name, the word drama has been in my head all day long. I won't go into exactly what that reason is, but I will reflect on one reason I find friendship drama so tiring ....

Here is the reason -- plain and simple:

There is already way too much drama going on in my house all day long between my two girls!! One of them accidentally hurts the other and the "victim" howls loudly as if persecuted. Then, the victim later "accidentally" hurts the other girl, and she howls loudly as if persecuted. During their dramatic howls, they each "need" things ... "where is my sucky Mommy?!!!" one dd demands! The other dd wants me to stop what I am doing and hold her and then kiss the bottom of her foot, or something of that sort.

Friendship is supposed to be a happy thing, a supportive thing ... so when drama arises, it just feels like it doesn't belong there and it needs to get out.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Susan, I'm sorry any drama has been brought into your life.
I agree, my personal family life has enough drama,I'm much better off to surround myself with positive supportive friends. The drama in my life is filled up by teen twins!

Unknown said...

Although drama can be a drag...it can also be turned into something positive...what that might be is up to the individual. When I have drama and I do... I deal with it, reflect and move on. Have a nice day!