Friday, January 9, 2009

Friday Five

I am borrowing this title from the blogs of some great people I know. I thought it would be a great way to get organized with my thoughts and goals today.

Here are Five things on my mind this Friday --

1.) It is time to get back on track with my healthy breakfast and daily water drinking and health goals. How hard is it to choose water over milk?!!! For goodness' sake!!! But, I haven't been doing it.

2.) I want to bake peanut butter pies, an oreo cookie pie and some brownies sometime soon because I am loving my "new" stand mixer that now sits on my counter. (Note: This might cause some challenges for goal #1.)

3.) Declutter, declutter, declutter -- why is it such a slow process?

4.) Money, money, money ... some thoughts I have are: Are we, in my family, experiencing deflation with the 5 percent pay cut we have had to take recently? Will everything (prices and salaries for others too) continue to deflate and not go back to normal rates for a good long while? Are we on our way back to the 25 cent candy bar? Is this just a sign ... one step down the ladder, then another and another?

5.) I am excited about my new toy, a Reynold's Handi-Vac! http://www.reynoldspkg.com/reynoldskitchens/handi_vac/en/home.asp
(Yes, I splurged today... but it is payday and it was only $10 and included a box of bags too!) I am excited because I like to freeze foods and I hate to squeeze air out of the freezer bags. It's going to be a blast!!! (Maybe there is a bit of Betty Crocker in me after all!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you crack me up... about the redi vac thing...

Hang in there with the other stuff...