Friday, January 16, 2009

Odds and Ends & Friday Five

Well, not everyday can be a power day. Today I am more tired. When I get tired, the edginess in my childrens' persistent demanding and whining hurts my head and makes me sigh loudly.

I adore my children, but I need to take a shower. So, I am not taking care of me again by procrastinating this today. I want to take a shower in my bathroom; but, I can't because of a plumbing issue. I just don't like to take a shower in the main bathroom, otherwise known as grand central station. There is nothing wrong with it; but that room is so busy each day it feels like a train station. I want peace and relaxation.

I found out an old high school buddy of mine is the father of seven children. It is pretty neat. His wife homeschools and also works part-time as a nurse. They live very frugally and are very Christian in all aspects of their lives. I am going to add his wife's blog to my list of favorite blogs in a few days (just because I am tired right now and don't feel like doing it.) In fact, I am tired today because I stayed up too late last night reading her blog. It is all just so interesting to me. Here I complain about my chaos with raising three kids and they have seven children to raise... just wow!

I am beginning to feel a strong sense of cabin fever. I am ready for the cold weather to break and to get out alone some this weekend. We have actually had a good week here, but I need some air!

Friday Five --

1.) I am thankful for the school bus and for two-hour delays on bad weather days.

2.) I am excited that my house is finally coming together again. This feels big because I was so disheartened after the last water disaster that it has been almost a year since I had any energy to work to get this organized once again.

3.) I am thankful for my past and for those who touch, or have touched my life, in various ways.

4.) I am thankful for the Flylady. She has really changed my life. I recently signed up with her to once again receive her FlyLifeLines and I can tell such a difference already. I just love when the Flylady wants me to reboot my laundry =)

5.) I am thankful for my family. They give me joy while they make me crazy, and that is what life is all about, right? LOL

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great Friday Five! I would like to read your friend's blog! Other people sure do intrigue me

Elizabeth said...

That's really neat that you found that out about your old HS friend. Mine are still young and foolish but will hopefully settle down soon :)

Oh and I'm pregnant and tired. He gets freezer pretzels. Though, I'd LOVE to find a recipe I could make from home and freeze and reheat as we want them. We go through so many here because we all LOVE them! Either with salt sprinkled on, cinnamon and sugar, parmesan and garlic, or just dipped in cheese. Yum!