Friday, February 27, 2009

Powerful Video

Dave Ramsey changed my life. I was never completely stupid about money in my life, really. When it has come to money, Dh and I did some things right actually. But we also did plenty of things dumb. I admit that. I take a small amount of pride in the things we did do right even though there has been some pain and consequences for dealing with the things we did terribly wrong.

But, I would not change our life lessons in this regard. It has been our own journey. Learning is empowering.

This video (see link below) was posted on another blog and it just spoke to me on so many different levels. It spoke to me as a parent for one thing. But it also spoke to me as a person who has been very, very anxious about the outcomes of some upcoming things. If you know me well or have read my blog recently, you know that I have been worried about dh's job. I have been worried about our upcoming home appraisal in this economy. And I have been worried about our upcoming property tax bills.

After watching this video, I somehow feel at peace. Whatever these outcomes are for us in our lives right now, they certainly aren't setting our future in stone. We (dh and I and our kids) are going to be better off because we WILL pull ourselves to a better place no matter what these outcomes are for us ... fair or unfair ... for better or for worse. Nobody is going to knock us down and then train us to wait to get picked up off the ground. We are still in the game and we will keep on kicking! There is nothing like a good, swift kick in the rear end from Dave Ramsey in my opinion. He isn't for everyone I guess, but I just love him! This man has changed so many lives. Thank God for his failure! (See video to understand.)

In this video Dave talks about failure. It is a good Dave "rant" if you are familiar with Dave "rants."

http://www.petpeeving.com/2009/02/freedom-to-fail.html

No comments: