Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Waiting

I feel that I am in a waiting game. Things are up in the air and I like them much more settled. I can't stand the waiting. We are waiting for several things --

1.) To find out what the outcome will be with dh's job situation. While some things about the changes look promising enough (he won't be laid off this round), there are things of concern still with what his job will be and whether or not his pay will change. I just want it to be decided. Every day that this remains open and undecided brings anxious thoughts. It appears there will be a whole weekend of waiting after this Friday, if not longer :( Weekend waiting is sometimes harder than weekday waiting .... because nothing happens at all over the weekends with these types of things.

2.) To get a move on with this refinance process. I am so anxious about our home appraisal. I don't see how there can be a problem with it based on all of the information I have been able to gather about comparable area home sales, but there was a problem last time we tried this and I am still baffled by this. Sometimes I feel like I am living in an odd, upside down world where it is perfectly normal for nothing to make sense anymore ... even though my mind still insists that things must make sense.

3.) Waiting for our property tax bills. We are "supposed" to receive one more 2007 bill this year and two 2008 bills by year's end. This inability of the property tax assessor's office to do their jobs leaves so much in limbo. We don't know how much to save; it is all up in the air. If we undersave, that can cause problems because last time they finally did send a bill (after a whole year of waiting), they wanted it paid within two weeks (just before Christmas). If we oversave, we are cutting ourselves short on money needed in so many other areas.

4.) I also find myself waiting to see if the economy will improve at some point here sooner rather than later. Mostly I am optimistic. But again, these are unusual times .....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have given up on waiting for things...it stopped me from living each day...I know you are going thru hard times... but I hope you are able to find some goodness and hope out there too!