Monday, November 17, 2008

Good things happening

There are a lot of positive things going on right now --

I am getting a lot done around the house since I am no longer fixated on the election news.

The girls have begun to play more cooperatively, giving me longer periods of time between fights and spats.

Since beginning the 1-2-3 magic discipline program (that I used to use with ds many years ago), the girls have improved remarkably in their behavior.

I was able to take the girls on a very sane and enjoyable shopping trip to two stores this weekend.

We have enough money to pay our first installment of property taxes and are now just waiting for the bill to come (hoping we have the amount right.)

I have set a plan for Christmas and actually have completed a great deal of my shopping already!

I am nearly caught up on my laundry and I have almost completed the boxing up of the Summer clothes (finishing some additional Summer laundry).

I have lost five pounds.

I think Barack Obama might appoint Hillary Clinton to an important job in his administration and maybe John McCain too. If he does, I will have to hand it to Obama. I think his doing this would be very positive for the country. I am still holding out hope for Sarah Palin to be offered something, but it looks like she is in line for some positive things for her career regardless.

I am glad to have survived a difficult situation with some friends and even though I miss some friends too, I am in a decent place with it all. Change is one of the few things certain about life and so we move on; when some doors close, others open ... it is called life.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Susan nice post... most of it hahaha... I think the election put a lot of people on hold.. I was surprised that Thanksgiving cam up so fast. Life is good... I have to tell you that the I don't miss posting on the board..it was an addiction not something I enjoyed...but I do miss everyone and was hoping people would stop by my blog.. but I guess what goes around comes around...