Monday, November 17, 2008

Dollar Store Diva

The Dollar Store is my new, favorite shopping hangout.

It is the perfect store for an at-home mom who is watching the cash closely, but still wants to browse ... because if I find something I just can't put down, it isn't damaging to the budget.

I admit it though. I went nuts there this weekend.

I spent ........ a grand $8!

The girls had a blast there too checking out all the little Christmas goodies and cheap, colorful toys.

Here is what we bought for $8 and some change --

1 bottle of hand lotion (12 oz)
1 window scraper (with an attached glove) for my van
1 box of miniature candy canes
1 box of chocolate mints
1 package of three bouncy balls (for the girls)
1 package of individually-wrapped peppermints
1 eight-pack of Twix bars
1 package of 220 bendable straws

What a great lot of loot for $8 plus tax, huh?

Way cool!

I am not going to grieve any inability on my part to just shop for fun anymore. I am just going to become a Dollar Store Diva!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The other day I needed a wire cutter for a Girl Scout project... well... they were over $9.00 for a cheap one at Michaels... I decided to not to buy it... the next day...AFTER the meeting I was at the $$ store... they had the same one for a buck! I just about did a happy crappy dance! So...I agree there is some nice affordable things there. I buy lots of stocking and White Elephant gifts there, too!

Unknown said...

Our best dollar store runs are when the girls do HS sports secret sisters. The budget is @ $10 and we go to the dollar store and score candy,funny toys, and some odds and ends. We add in a gatorade or juice........and voila!
Excellent stocking stuffer odds and ends, and ours have balloons too........mylar ones for just one dollar..........can't go wrong!