Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Half Day Kindergarten

I can't believe that seven years ago I had to pay for full day Kindergarten because I was working full time and the half day schedule, I thought, was just cumbersome and ridiculous.

Now, our school system only offers full day, all day, every day Kindergarten. Free of course ... unless you consider what we all pay in taxes and book fees.

But, now I want half day Kindergarten. I still have 1.5 years before anyone here starts Kindergarten, but half day Kindergarten seems to be dying here in Indiana and it really bums me out.

I sure hope the last of the half day Kindergarten programs hold out of us!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Everything here is full day too. Nick had half day at St. Teresa, but the public schools were all full day.
There are certainly 2 schools of thought. I'm not sure how I feel. Since it doesn't impact me I can't say I've given it much thought. Good luck

Unknown said...

With the way education is being pushed because of testing... full day is the only way they can get the kids to know everything they need to know..ack!

Crazy Mom of Three said...

Beth, that is what concerns me. The push down makes me sad. I know many parents work and welcome full-day Kindergarten for that reason, but there is such a part of me that thinks "allow them to be little!"