Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Doctor's Orders

So I went to my doctor today and found out that I still have laryngitis. Apparently, rest is the best cure for laryngitis. I guess that is why I still have it.

My doctor actually asked me if I could arrange to lay down and rest two hours in the morning, two hours in the afternoon and two hours in the evening for awhile. She asked if my dh could take off work. She asked if family members could watch my kids. Uhhhh .... No.

She even offered to write me an Rx for my dh saying just these things ... and to include that he should bring home dinner for the next several nights to help out.

I do get her message. However, it isn't possible to do the things she mentions unless I am in dire need. Heck, dh just found out on Monday that he will be losing all of his sick days from now on ... beginning January '10. Not sure how that will work, but dh never takes sick days anyway.

I mentioned to my mom that the doctor suggested someone take my kids for several days. My mother is wonderful and I was not really asking this of her. But, her response was that she swallowed a piece of glass this morning and she had been worried all day about internal bleeding. (What a way to say Fat Chance, huh? LOL!)

Then, my father lost one of his front teeth while at my house today. The poor man looks like a Jack-o-lantern! So, dental work for him starts tomorrow. It makes me sad that he doesn't have dental insurance; that is actually why he has the problems he has. He worked hard during his lifetime and deserves to have been treated better as a retiree.

So, needless to say, my problems are NOT that high on other peoples' lists.

It's o.k. I think her Rx was a bit out there.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's too bad you didn't take this opportunity last week when your dh had off..........you may have been in better shape.
Get any time in to rest at all........during pre-school, as soon as dh comes home from work, etc. You will get better, it's just going to take some time. What you don't want is anything to get worse, and wind up in the hospital!

Unknown said...

I would say...to just sit down and forget about things...oh wait..you can't...try to sneak in as much rest as possible!