Thursday, September 17, 2009

Sweet Happenings ....

Today was a fun day. Some sweet things happened.

One thing I enjoyed was staying awhile with my oldest dd at her preschool for awhile before heading off to run some errands.

Because the preschool is a co-op, parents can come and go as they please. So, this mommy hung out with her oldest dd for awhile, who was thrilled to show mommy around the classroom. It was like being three again along with her :)

Dd rushed straight to a puzzle upon entering the room and showed me the puzzle and we sat together in little chairs and laughed together while she changed different pieces around to make a teddy bear's pants different colors, his head various facial expressions, his torso various shirt colors ....

Then, she ran over to another part of the room and showed me a selection of very cute and colorful magnifying glasses. We spent some time examining various things on the floor and in the room. She was so excited! I loved her excitement. I love how she can be so free in this classroom to learn and discover.

Soon, it was time for circle time. We did the calendar and the weather and we learned about beavers. DD called out an answer about beavers that was correct and I didn't even know the answer to the question .... something about beavers and ponds ... perhaps she learned this from television? The kids made beaver lodges/houses for the craft later, using yeast/dough balls and sticks and leaves from the outdoors. I love the variety in crafts this school offers. I left when the craft began.

Then I had to get my TB test done so that I can participate in her class soon as an official parent helper. Then, off for a bagel and diet coke .... alone .... heavenly! Then to the dollar store, where I found some cheap and fun goods ... stickers, pipe cleaners, glitter, picture frames that kids can color, plastic forks, antibacterial hand gel, cheap and useful things ....

It was also fun to pick up my younger dd at her preschool later in the morning. The extended day teacher told me that my younger dd was just sweet and so bright and articulate. Yep, that is her! I am proud of my girls. They are great together and they thrive on their own as well. Just sweet, sweet times!

No comments: