Wednesday, September 2, 2009

It's about ME!

"The real magic wand is the child's own mind."—Jose Ortega Y Gasset

I have decided that my feelings about the Co-op are something I must listen to ... and follow. I was hearing the message, but I wasn't getting it quite clearly enough to know what to do with it. Now, I am going to go with it ...


There are many synchronicities, coincidences and nudges (God Winks) involved in this decision for me ... it's not just about preschool for my child/children.


* It's about ME getting involved again in something I am passionate about (AND about the way I think my oldest dd enjoys learning best.)


* It's about ME needing more like-minded adults, in real life, to spend time with and/or build relationships with (while still hanging out with our children). Many Co-op moms are stay-at-home moms or moms who have some time off during the 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. work week.

* It's about ME not wanting to look back at my dds' preschool years and feel like I missed this opportunity with them that I will never be able to get back. The time I spent with my ds in the Co-op years ago was very special to me, even though it was not easy street by any means. No other year of parental school involvement since then has been anywhere close to that same experience. PTO involvement is just not the same thing.

* It's about ME needing a life outside of this house, but one that also includes my full-time role with my children.

Sometimes, it's about ME. Once I figured that part out, the rest made perfect sense =)

No comments: