Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Goals and Dreams ....

What are your goals and dreams? I have been thinking about this because I am facing a life transition in a matter of months. My youngest baby will be heading off to Kindergarten and I am a Stay-At-Home mom right now. What will I do when the kids are in school??

Work is my plan. But what kind of work? I still want to be available to my kids before and after school. Some options I am considering are ... substitute work in the schools, paraprofessional in the schools, office job in the schools, going back to not-for-profit work (former career type of work), getting a job at a University (the resume is ready to go, but I cannot bring myself to send it.) I think that is because I am not ready to be beholden to a work schedule that doesn't enable me to put my kids first. I mean, Summer is coming ...

I have also thought about starting a business from my home again. I have found that I don't enjoy my work as well in isolation though. So, I would like some balance out in the real world too. Or a partner. Since I don't have a business right now, I can't really hire a partner ... Hmmmm ....

No comments: