Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Basket of Nerves!

I am a basket of nerves today!!! Today is the day we visit the high schools that we hope my eighth grader will attend next year. (We want him to be accepted into an early college high school program. He is excited to tour today and wants to go to this school very much too.)

I don't know why I am so nervous! Maybe it is because the counselor for this program didn't respond to her phone calls when I was trying to get information about touring. I am worried we won't get the application in on time because of something like that (they might lose it because it won't be coming in the traditional way, which is through the Jr. High feeder schools).

I am worried about looking too eager. I am worried about looking to uppity since we are coming from a private school. Will I make someone think I am too anal if I send the application by certified mail to ensure they receive it? They say no applications will be accepted after Feb. 3. I can't wait to get this application in and know it is being considered! I am also worried that my son's current teachers and counselor won't finish the evaluation forms on time, or that they will mail them in to the wrong place.

O.K. heading out now!!! Wish us luck!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am hoping you were able to calm down! Did you apply? What are you going to do when it is college apps?

Crazy Mom of Three said...

Lol! None of those concerns turned out to be reasons to worry ... But there was a bit of drama at the orientation and then I found out what my worrying was about -- I never anticipated what was written in the teacher evals!!!