Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Random Thoughts ....

Health and Fitness ...

I am feeling really good about my new eating and exercise plan. I want to be healthier and I want this change to be permanent. I am really happy right now that I am not having any cravings, thanks to the Abs Diet http://www.amazon.com/Abs-Diet-Women-Six-Week-Flatten/dp/1594866244! This is a great eating plan btw. It highlights 12 power food groups that are healthy, fairly yummy and highly filling. I am especially excited that this plan endorses eggs and it explains why eating them is a good thing! I looove eggs!

Bickering ...

Why do my girls have to bicker, bicker, bicker?? Whine. And bicker some more?? I know they are 3 and 4 and have a lot to learn about getting along with others, including each other. But, it is SO tiring to listen to it. It feels like it goes on All. Day. Long. On some days anyway.

Rigidity ...

What is the deal with rigidity? Why not be flexible? It's more fun.

Goals ...

I continue to work on my New Year's Resolutions http://divasuzanne.blogspot.com/2010/01/new-year-new-goals.html. I like having goals and my goals this year are very doable ... and energizing. I am not convinced I need to work quite so hard as I have been though on my housework. My kids are young and I don't need a crisp, clean, perfect home. I want them to enjoy and explore ... I want to teach them good habits, but I also want this to be a lived in and child-friendly home. I am going to ease up a bit on some of the toy pick up. It is not worth the effort. My focus will be on the bigger things ... dishes, laundry, bathrooms, floors, tolerance ...

Cooking ...

I want to be a better cook. Tonight I made a good dinner, using some carefully selected recipes. I am going to begin to make marks in my cookbooks when my family likes the meal I cook. I tend to cook from recipes and then rarely go back to them. I think it would be easier to have some regular dishes that I know my family loves to eat, aside from spaghetti and chicken & rice.

Turning 40 ...

I will be 40 in a few weeks. I always have a hard time on my birthdays. This year, I want to end that trend of mine and just enjoy who I am. Who cares how old I am, right? Age happens to us all and the alternative is much worse. Still, this is going to be hard for me. I tend to get blue on my birthday.

3 comments:

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

I'm a crazy mom to FOUR -- boys, that is! I can relate to your frustration with bickering, that's for sure.

And the balance between rigidity and flexibility...what a delicate balance!

Since you're thinking about cooking, come on over to my blog and read about Well-fed Wednesdays!

Unknown said...

Wishing you luck on the new healthier life, the upside is that if momma eats better, usually the whole family does!
If you find the cure to bickering, let me know.....my girls still do it, maybe it's because they've shared a bedroom and a similar face since birth.
I was fine with 40, I had my 3 kids, ages 6 and 2 and all seemed well. Talk to me when you're 50!

Anita said...

Your girls will continue to bicker...sorry. And we all get older, and in a lot of ways, better!
Do something just for yourself, that has nothing to do with your husband and girls. :)