Thursday, January 28, 2010

House of Chaos Part II

So, here was the plan of action. The house was a mess and I organized the kids. I told them that we would set the timer for five minutes and work as fast as we could all together to put things away in the room. When the timer went off, we stopped and went on to the next room. Pick-up time lasted a total of 15 minutes, 5 minutes per room. Look at what we accomplished in 15 minutes!


*It's fun to tumble in the room when the toys are out of the way!


But, as you can see, three days later, my angels are happy in their chaos once again!



Oh well! At least we know that 15 minutes can make a huge difference

if someone important is if stopping by!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Suggestions--- Is there a way to limit how much they take out at a time? I'm guessing you don't have a play room? I never did either, and was envious of friends who had one.
Containment was my answer. I also limited how much was allowed in the den...out of their bedroom.
My rules were much stricter, and yet my kids never felt stifled, they moved from on thing to the next, and just knew they had to pick up before moving on. When the girls were little it was a lot of work, but I felt like my home had to not look like a day care.
Good luck with keeping them on task!

Together We Save said...

Wow - great job....

Unknown said...

Susan...great job! How many baby beds do they have? Reminds me of Lydia and all the baby strollers..I think I counted 8 at one time...she was so weird about it!

Crazy Mom of Three said...

Beth, they each just have one baby bed, but they also have one bassinet they share. And at least two strollers ... and a shopping cart ....sigh!