Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Busy days versus slow-paced days ...

Today was a busy day ... from swimming lessons, back home, to VBS, to lunch at the world's busiest McDonald's I have ever been to in my entire life, back to VBS, to cousin's house to drop off cousin and pick up ds's overnight gear, to McDonald's once again (this time the drive-tru), to the eyeglass shop for a repair, to the shoe store and back home again ...

I kind of like a busy, active day anymore. But, I think I am yearning a bit for some more of the do-nothing types of days we normally have had in the past .... maybe a mixture of both is what I am seeking ....

Anyway, it is all about balance and I think the key for me is just to keep an ongoing awareness of our needs, feelings and level of enjoyment in all we are doing this Summer. Plus, I need to get some "me" time in at some point here soon. Why is it so hard for me to ask for babysitting just for me to go out and get time to myself?

It is easy for me to ask for babysitting for a doctor's appt., for help with transportation when I have kids to get two places at once or for something "important" (like a school meeting.) But when it comes to just a date night out with my dh or time away for me to just chill ... I struggle to ask.

Anyone have a good swift kick in the rear they can give me to get over this issue once and for all?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

because you are a mom...and probably think you don't "deserve" the time... and for me it was so hard to leave my kids to someone else! With that being said..."CALL a babysitter..would ya?" lol

Crazy Mom of Three said...

Thanks Beth! All you said is exactly what I feel. I wonder if my family is spying here on my blog (highly doubtful) because a surprise babysitting offer came in at 10:45 a.m. today and I relished some free time from 1:15 a.m. until 5 p.m. ... ah sigh!