Thursday, April 8, 2010

Family

Family is such a wonderful thing in so many ways. You have a special bond and you can support each other; be there for each other; cousins can grow up together; and other good things.

But, family also brings their baggage to family events and can also be a negative, unpleasant thing when some family members simply refuse to focus on loving and supporting each other.

Actually, my side of the family is pretty cool. (Yes, I am biased!) I have worked hard to cultivate a relationship with dh's family though. Frankly, they are difficult people to like. They are full of opinions, and judgements, and they believe they "know" everything. Never mind what your doctor says for instance. If SIL thinks your kids need a tonsillectomy, then they must! Never mind that SIL tried again and again and never made it into medical school.

Anyway, I just felt like expressing some tiring feelings I am having about certain family members right now. Ultimately, I am glad to have them, imperfections and all. But, some days ... sighhhhhhhh ....

No comments: